Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Nothing to Think About (Nothing to Write About)

I'm sitting in the ticket booth right now, and it is very miserable.

My old friend the stapler is here, but I don't care to reveal the rest of his tragic story. (He gets hit by a car)

I should be writing a history paper, but I don't feel like doing that either, and I don't really want to write in the Magic Blog, but I have nothing better to do.

I don't have a story to tell, all of the entrances to my domicile have been adequately barricaded to prevent unwanted domestic animals. (David also scared the cat away with a bb gun)

I have been doing a strange experiment lately (the past 18 hours or so) in that I have been intentionally thinking angry thoughts so that I can be mean.

You may ask why I am doing this, I'm afraid that information is not appropriate for the Magic Blog. Due to my vast readership I am unable to be as intimate with you beloved listeners as I wish. I am trapped in my own kingdom.

I hate the ticket booth though. I was pretty cheerful today, but this place likes to eat every happy emotion and amplify every negative one. It's like being in Azkaban.

I had a lot of good thoughts this week (good in the sense that they made me feel like i was intellectual), mostly about the nature of selfishness. But I used up all my emotional energy complaining to people/soliciting advice. If the energy comes back, I may jot some stuff down.

It is strange how KMB has evolved. It was never intended to be this way.

It started as a way to distract myself at work during the summer.

I did have an outline though.

I started with the dream thing, just as a trial run.

Then I was going to go through my old xangas and juxtapose them with how i feel about whatever I was writing about 3 or 4 years into the future. (Still an interesting idea, I think)

Then it changed to where I was just going to do a High Fidelity sort of thing where I went back and retold the stories of all my failed relationships. (I'm being generous with the term "relationship")

This was all essentially an exposition to where I would post excerpts from a letter I wrote that I was particularly proud of at the time. (It was to claire [duh] and I still like it)

People (3 of them!) would read my correspondence and clamor for more peeks into my personal life. (Like Ben Franklin)

But I had to wait until the right moment to spring the word-trap.

Then I realized that I would essentially be posting the Livejournal of a 13 year old girl and stopped that nonsense.

Then it went whimsical with the restaurant thing, which was cute, but I think I'm funnier (I realize that is hubris) when I write slightly more intellectual things, non-sequiturs have their place but they get old.

Then I went back to the mope format (it's my go to) with some deviations.

I personally was very proud of Money Monster, but I think it was too cerebral for the audience.

I think the one about Mr. Stapler was a little weird, it garnered no comments, I almost didn't post it because I didn't want people to think I was severely depressed (I'm not, just a vagina) but I thought the joke was too classic to pass up.

I believe that was my last attempt at short fiction. I dislike short fiction. It's easily the most pretentious genre. (No offense to my good friend and commenter, Jordan). But short fiction isn't my bag if you aren't exploring the 3 laws of robotics. I bought a book of the 50 Greatest Short Stories at B&N like 4 months ago, and I like a ton of the authors. I've read 1 story.

(I realize that I have often claimed that I want to be an essayist which is probably considered much more pretentious)

Actually, amateur poetry is the worst. If you write poetry and you aren't impoverished, suicidal, or a minority, your poetry sucks.

What was I talking about?

Right the blog development.

Anyway the blog developed into what it is today, which I'm not sure what it is, just a way to distract myself at work.

So it really didn't develop at all.

I've had some more ideas for blogs though.

I already have "Me at Work" which is lame.

But I've thought of a series.

Like "Kyle's Magic Music Blog," this was going to debut with the new Ben Folds album, but my laptop was broken at the time so it has been delayed until I am particularly bored.

Then I could have, "Kyle's Magic Move Blog" and I was recently inspired to do "Kyle's Magic Rant Blog."

As you can see, I'm like Tinkerbell with all the magic I am capable of spreading.

There is more to this concept, but I'm leaving work and feel it deserves its own exposition.

5 comments:

Sebastian said...

"I have been doing a strange experiment lately (the past 18 hours or so) in that I have been intentionally thinking angry thoughts so that I can be mean."

I'm truly honored that you aspire to be me.

Oh, and speaking of pretentious:

"Like 'Kyle's Magic Music Blog,' this was going to debut with the new Ben Folds album"

<3

Jordan said...

I will demonstrate the accusation of pretense against me by refusing to add significant banter to this thread.

Natalie said...

Hey, I write poetry. I am published. I won a prize. Don't dog poetry.

Meagan said...

well, ten blogging points for using the word hubris.

Anonymous said...

what happened to "i'm blogologing"
i see no new blogolog.